Friday, December 18, 2009

A Rap on Public Radio and an Ode to Ira Glass!!!

How can Rap and Public Radio be in the same sentence? (and I am NOT talking about a public radio story about rap but a rap about pubilc radio!)

Yes, it is true!



Something fun for the weekend. Check out this cool rap by Adam WarRock about public radio, Ira, This American Life and how story telling is powerful in all our lives! The link includes story of how this came into being too...Ira Glass Rap!!!

Enjoy!!!

Thanks Adam! Feel free to Rap about any PRI Show anytime! How about The World for an encore!?
www.theworld.org

2 comments:

  1. Wowzers. Thanks for the love, Alisa!

    I spoke to my DJ/Producer, and after the buzz for this track (which is a rough cut, after all), we've decided to cook up an original beat and record it when we do our album in 2010. Once it's mastered, PRI is more than welcome to use it if they see fit (if Mr. Glass is feeling it, maybe he could record an intro to the song? An artist can dream, can't he? hehe).

    But seriously, thank you so much. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'll be working on my The World song over X-Mas break. You're the best!

    -AW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! We actually finished the new single version of "Ira Glass," and are thinking of doing a music video/event and would love to involve PRI/TAL if possible. I'd love to have you hear the new single as well. Can you email me at adamwarrockmixtape@gmail.com if you have a moment? Thanks so much!

    -AW

    ReplyDelete